Email to SMS not polling imap server

Hi,

I have setup a few different instances of playSMS over the years and am pretty familiar with configuring gateways etc.

I was just wondering if anyone has email to SMS successfully connecting to their gmail account (or working at all) as I have not been able to get it working on 1.4.5 even on different Ubuntu distributions (18.04, 20.04 and 22.04) or php versions (5.6, 5.4.3, 7.4.3, 8.1). I have postfix setup and working correctly to forward SMS responses to email but cannot read email from my gmail account to pipe out to SMS.

I used to have this working on an older system under playSMS 1.4.2 but for security reasons I am not going to deploy this.

The following is all I get in the log regardless of what I try (L3 logging enabled) - this is all Ubuntu variants and php versions

2022-08-15 21:00:01 PID62fa2731b9cec admin L2 mailsms # enabled server:imap.gmail.com

Any ideas or help greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi - if anyone is interested the function was working fine, I just hadn’t configured gmail properly (looks like less secure app access doesn’t work so good anymore) and the logs in playSMS weren’t showing any authentication information so took me a bit to work it out.

Basically I had to re-enable 2FA on my google account and setup ‘App passwords’ to generate a unique 16 digit password for imap access (found in the administration portal for your gmail user under Security > Signing in to Google > App passwords).

Hope this comes in handy for anyone else struggling to enable this.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.