All Incoming SMS stopped working

Hi,

We have PlaySMS (I think its 0.9.5.2 as per documentation) and kannel installed in Fedora14. This is already working when I took over several years ago.

However, we are having an issue now. The last record in the “All incoming SMS” has the time-stamp of :

1. 2018-08-20 7:56:14

In the database, the table play_tblSMSIncoming, the last entry has the following records:

• in_id = 957799
  • in_datetime = 2018-08-19 23:56:14

Other users can still see their own SMS past the <2018-08-20 7:56:14> message, including the admin’s “All Inbox”, but is not visible in “All incoming SMS” Also, the autoresponse is working.

With that, did we already hit the limit as the in_id is equal to 957799?
How can we move forward with this?

Hope we can have this working again.

Thank you and regards,

Vince Sanchez

For the All Inbox

For Database via PHPMyAdmin

It seems that the system is still processing other sms except on playsms_tblSMSIncoming.

Hope anybody can helpout.

Thanks!

Is the issue no incoming SMS coming in or is it incoming SMS not displayed ?

Inbox is incoming SMS but they’re processed differently by playSMS.

If you say you can still receive SMS on Inbox then you can still receive SMS. The only reason why they arent in All incoming SMS is because theres no plugin handling them.

What have you done before you’re having this issue ?

Anton

Thank you @anton

I think the messages are received but is not processed into the database/table. When I send a test, the system responds the autoreply. Other user’s inbox also have incoming messages as shown in the earlier screenshot of “All Inbox”

“All Incoming SMS” is the one which is not working.

Tried restarting the server itself and kannel as well without any luck.

Regards,

Vince Sanchez

I was thinking that the inbox of admin account (only) has stopped processing SMS (admin and unhandled…and perhaps those with keywords–TA, as well) as messages of other account’s inboxes are accessible/viewable.

Hoping for a working solution.

Thanks and regards,

Vince Sanchez

All incoming SMS is showing all received and processed (not just received) by a plugin. If your plugin doesn’t work than the message may not be in Sandbox.

anton

Thanks @anton! How can I check and have it working again? It was working previously fine and suddenly stopped.

Anything I can do to make it work again?

Rergards,

Vince Sanchez

I’m not sure I can help as I don’t have any installation using that version anymore. You might want to check with local PHP developers and asked them to trace the incoming SMS.

Can you paste the playsms.log ? Make an incoming SMS test and then right away save the last 1000 lines from playsms.log. Read it, redact all privacy related data such as username, password, messages and phone numbers from the log, send it to my email antonrd@gmail.com

anton

Again, thanks @anton. I’ll do it tomorrow. Its a holiday today and I do not have access to server now

Regards,

Vince Sanchez

Hi @anton,

I can not find the playsms.log file. File config.php points to /var/log/playsms folder:

// Do not change anything below this line unless you know what to do
// -----------------------------------------------------------------

// you can turn on or off PHP error reporting
// on production level you should turn off PHP error reporting (set to 0), by default its on
//error_reporting(0);
//error_reporting(E_ALL ^ (E_NOTICE | E_WARNING | E_DEPRECATED));
error_reporting(E_ALL ^ (E_NOTICE | E_WARNING));

// logs directories
$apps_path[‘logs’] = ‘/var/log/playsms’;

// log level: 0=disabled, 1=info, 2=warning, 3=debug, 4=verbose
// WARNING: log level 3 and 4 will also save sensitif information such as password for used gateway
$core_config[‘logstate’] = 0;

// 0 for single session login; 1 for multi session login
// multi session login is not secure because playsms leaves md5 crypted username and password
// on admin’s computer
$core_config[‘multilogin’] = 1;

// are we using http or https ? the default is using http instead https
$core_config[‘ishttps’] = false;

But the /var/log/playsms folder only contains access.log.

FYI.

Regards,

Vince Sanchez

HI @anton,

I’ve now seen it after changing log level to 4 (verbose).

Will be checking it and sending to your email in a while.

Thanks and regards,

Vince Sanchez

Use loglevel 3 not 4, 4 will be too much

Anton

Thank you @anton,

Modifying now. Will be sending in a while.

Thanks again.

Warm regards,

Vince Sanchez

Hi @anton,

I’ve already sent you an email along with the log.

FYI.

Regards,

Vince Sanchez

Hello @anton,

I have re-sent the updated log file. The one sent earlier still contains verbose entries and the one I have sent only contains debug lines.

Hopefully, you can debug why it is not updating the database.

Regards,

Vince Sanchez

I haven’t received any email from you I think.

Anton

Hello @anton,

Thank you for confirming. I have sent it with the following subject:
[playSMS Forum] [playSMS/Help] All Incoming SMS stopped working

Thanks and regards,

Vince Sanchez

Ah ok, was mixed with email from forum, you should put different subject next time.

See your log and look for lines containing:

setsmsincomingaction # unhandled 

Reas at the end of that line which keyword that was not handled. That incoming SMS with that keyword was not handled and wont be in All incoming SMS.

Anton