[solved] Incomplete message in web interface

Hi,

Using Centos 6.7, kannel 1.4.4 and PlaySMS 1.3.1.

sending and receiving is working fine.
the only issue is when i use @user, the web interface receives incomplete SMS. (less than 210 characters)
I enabled the forward to email, it receives the complete message.
It can only receive the complete SMS if i am not using the @user

paste your message here so I can test it

anton

this is the full message i received from email

@itd Enjoy 10% savings on Disney on Ice Tickets ONLY for SUN subs! Show this message at Ticketnet branches until Oct 11.T&C
apply.DTI11876.NoFREEMsg?TextSTOPto2855 Hi Sun subscriber!09xxxxxxxxx called you on 10-07-2015 11:43 am for 1 times;Thank you. Hi Sun
subscriber!09xxxxxxxxx called you on 10-07-2015 11:43 am for 1 times;Thank you…

this is the message i got from web interface

@itd Enjoy 10% savings on Disney on Ice Tickets ONLY for SUN subs! Show this message at Ticketnet branches until Oct 11.T&C apply.DTI11876.NoFREEMsg?TextSTOPto2855 Hi Sun subscriber!09236984058 called

but without the “@itd

i can receive the complete message.

so you saw this cut message on Inbox ?

if using @itd where did you saw that SMS and if without @itd where did you saw that SMS ? (on which menu)

anton

both on web interface . Reports > All Inbox.

with @itd, incomplete message. without @itd. complete message.

how do you route incoming SMS so that without @itd you can see it in All inbox (I assume itd is a user in your playSMS)

because without a route (from incoming route for example) then message without @ will go to sandbox

anton

Pre Rules
Scan incoming SMS for @username = YES
Scan incoming SMS for #groupcode = NO

Post Rules
Route all sandbox SMS with matched sender ID = NO

Settings
Leave a copy in sandbox SMS page = YES
Match with all approved sender ID = NO

hmm… so how did you get a message without @itd in All inbox ? are you setting “Route all sandbox SMS to users” in post rules to user itd ?

can you try again now ? send from a mobile phone with that message again, with and without @itmn, with incoming route rules as you wrote above

anton

i’m logged as admin
if i checked the REPORTS > ALL INBOX.
i can see the user field itd then the message.
even i will log as itd user in the MY ACCOUNT > INBOX, as same incomplete message will appear.

I’m addressing another issue, that might be related somehow:

how do you get both message, with and without @username (in your case @itd) in “All Inbox”

with your route incoming SMS rules you should only saw message with @itd in All inbox and message without @itd in Sandbox.

can you confirm that both with and without @itd messages are seen in Reports -> All inbox ?

anton

With @itd on the end of the message

logged as ITD (user)
My Account > Inbox
Message : Enjoy 10% savings on Disney on Ice Tickets ONLY for SUN subs! Show this message at Ticketnet branches until Oct 11.T&C apply.DTI11876.NoFREEMsg?TextSTOPto2855 Hi Sun subscriber!09xxxxxxxxx called you

logged as Admin
Reports > All Inbox
Message : Enjoy 10% savings on Disney on Ice Tickets ONLY for SUN subs! Show this message at Ticketnet branches until Oct 11.T&C apply.DTI11876.NoFREEMsg?TextSTOPto2855 Hi Sun subscriber!09xxxxxxxxx called you

Received message as email
Enjoy 10% savings on Disney on Ice Tickets ONLY for SUN subs! Show this message at Ticketnet branches until Oct 11.T&C
apply.DTI11876.NoFREEMsg?TextSTOPto2855 Hi Sun subscriber!09xxxxxxxxx called you on 10-07-2015 11:43 am for 1 times;Thank you. Hi Sun
subscriber!09xxxxxxxxxx called you on 10-07-2015 11:43 am for 1 times;Thank you. @itd

Without @itd on the end of the message

Logged as Admin
My Account > Inbox
No message received

Reports > All inbox
No message received

Reports > Sandbox
Message : Enjoy 10% savings on Disney on Ice Tickets ONLY for SUN subs! Show this message at Ticketnet branches until Oct 11.T&C apply.DTI11876.NoFREEMsg?TextSTOPto2855 Hi Sun subscriber!09xxxxxxxxx called you on 10-07-2015 11:43 am for 1 times;Thank you. Hi Sun subscriber!09xxxxxxxxx called you on 10-07-2015 11:43 am for 1 times;Thank you.

got it. ok. see if I can find the issue and fix it.

can you please submit an issue in playSMS github issue ? and refer this thread URL as reference in your issue

anton

Ok, this is due to in_msg column in playsms_tblSMSInbox set to varchar(200), change it to text then it should be fine. I’ve tested this.

Here is the SQL to fix it:

ALTER TABLE `playsms_tblSMSInbox` MODIFY COLUMN `in_msg` text NOT NULL ;

Wow! It solved the problem.

Thanks.