Fetch outgoing messages from REMOTE sql server

Is it possible to use PlaySMS to connect to external MYSQL server and fetch sms messages to be sent from a queue stored there? (Using custom sql queries maybe, just like with Ozeki NG gateway)
If not, can the same be achieved connecting to a remote URL?

Thank you

Hi,

You can fetch using remote URL, using feature called SMS custom

anton

‘sms custom’ seems to be only triggered by incoming messages.
I need something that polls the external server for new messages, independently.
Something like email2SMS, but the server has no emails, but MySql stored messages…

suppose someone could write a plugin for that, what would it have in the configuration menu ?

DB host, DB name, DB user/pass, input text for SQL to run, polling time period and handler URL field like SMS custom URL (in SMS custom) ?

To read: DB host, (DB port), DB name, DB user+pass, and SQL to query db for sms to send.

Its just pure PlaySMS<>MySQL talk, no url required.
(If the above confused you, thats because I was thinking if DB connection can not be done directly, maybe I could expose the database using an url frontend)

Then in case of EVENTS regarding the lifecycle of the fetched message, it should connect to the same DB to perform addition queries:

• SMS delivered (same details just different SQL to execute)
  • SMS failed (-||-)

Ah yes, I forgot your original post.

So, DB host, (DB port), DB name, DB user+pass, and SQL to query db for sms to send, and possibly additional polling timer in minutes.

playSMS will then poll the configured DB table and run SQL query to get messages. Upon successful query and data is not empty (meaning got some rows collected) then playSMS will cycle the collected data and send them as SMS.

This part I don’t get it:

Then in case of EVENTS regarding the lifecycle of the fetched message,
it should connect to the same DB to perform addition queries:

• SMS delivered (same details just different SQL to execute)
  • SMS failed (-||-)

anton