[solved] Share user phonebook with its subusers

Hi Anton,

I want to give access to the phonebook contacts and/or groups of one user to its subusers. How do I configure that scenario?

Cheers,

you can use the same ACL on those users, and set the group to “share with members”, than the contacts will be visible.

just checked it, because i need the same functionality.
i am not able to prohibit the access to shared phonebooks (shared to members only) to groups based on ACL.
if i have an acl with access to feature_phonebook, the user with that acl has access to ALL shared groups and its members…
any ideas?

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your suggestion. I solved it some weeks ago but I did it in code. I changed the query in the phonebook.php file that retrieve the contacts and groups. If you need it here is it:

//Check if user is an ‘user’ or ‘subuser’ getting his parent_uid
if(($parent_uid = user_getparentbyuid($user_config[“uid”])) == FALSE){
$parent_uid = $user_config[“uid”];
}

$fields = 'DISTINCT A.id AS pid, A.uid AS uid, A.name AS name, A.mobile AS mobile, A.email AS email, A.tags AS tags';
    $join = 'LEFT JOIN ' . _DB_PREF_ . '_featurePhonebook_group_contacts AS C ON A.id=C.pid ';
    $join .= 'LEFT JOIN ' . _DB_PREF_ . '_featurePhonebook_group AS B ON B.id=C.gpid';
    $conditions = array(
        '( A.uid' => $user_config['uid'] . "' OR B.id in ( 
            SELECT B.id AS id FROM " . _DB_PREF_ . "_featurePhonebook AS A 
            LEFT JOIN " . _DB_PREF_ . "_featurePhonebook_group_contacts AS C ON A.id=C.pid AND A.uid in (SELECT DISTINCT uid From " . _DB_PREF_ . "_tblUser WHERE parent_uid = '" . $user_config['uid'] . "' UNION Select '" . $parent_uid . "') 
                            LEFT JOIN " . _DB_PREF_ . "_featurePhonebook_group AS B ON B.id=C.gpid AND B.flag_sender='1' 
            )" . 
                    ") OR ( B.flag_sender='2' ) OR (B.flag_sender='0' AND A.uid='" . $user_config['uid'] . "') AND '1'='1"
    );

great, thanks for the code, it works. maybe you can check in the code into github so it will survive an update?

regards,
andre

please share the phonebook.php see if I can commit it, thx

anton

phonebook.php (17.4 KB)
edit: duplicate file removed.

I see 2 files, which one is it ?

anton

both files are the same…
removed one file.

its been a while and I just notice it, with this changes I can’t seem to search properly on phonebook anymore, can you guys check that

I have several groups and when I searched a group code it shown everyone, not just contacts on searched group

when I switched to the original code the search worked as expected:

anton

Yes, I have to confirm this issue… can you quickly tell me the source code of the search part? then i will compare the statements of searching group code.

regards,
andre