Playsms performance improvements

Hi All,

This is my second post, I hope I will get some light from the experts on this one, the first one got 0 replies.

Basically I would like to change config.php values to improve sendsms performance. I would like to understand each of the following values how it will affect the performance, and maybe how to get the recommended values for bulk operations +100k messages.

// limit the number of DLR processed by dlrd in one time
$core_config[‘dlrd_limit’] = 1000;

// limit the number of incoming SMS processed by recvsmsd in one time
$core_config[‘recvsmsd_limit’] = 100;

// limit the number of queue processed by sendsmsd in one time
$core_config[‘sendsmsd_queue’] = 50;

// limit the number of chunk per queue
$core_config[‘sendsmsd_chunk’] = 20;

// chunk size
$core_config[‘sendsmsd_chunk_size’] = 100;

Thanks for reading!!

Wilmar

Hi,

let see, here is the explanation:

• dlrd_limit is the number of DLR processed by dlrssmsd on each iteration. dlrssmsd read the database every second for new DLR.
  • recvsmsd_limit is the number of incoming SMS processed by recvsmsd on each iteration. recvsmsd read the database every second for new incoming SMS.
  • sendsmsd_queue is the number of queue processed by sendsmsd on each iteration. sendsmsd read the database every second for new outgoing SMS. SMSes are grouped in queues.
  • when processed each queue will be divided by chunks.
  • the maximum chunk size is defined by sendsmsd_chunk_size.

the config defined:

• 1000 DLR processed each time by dlrssmsd
  • 1000 incoming SMS processed each time by recvsmsd
  • 50 queues processed each time by sendsmsd
  • each queue will be divided by 100 to get chunks
  • and those chunks will be delivered to gateway in parallel

nothing much about DLR and incoming SMS, except that those daemon script processed DLR and incoming SMS in serial, one by one per 1000 entries. you can make it larger or smaller, I don’t know which one is better.

as for sendsmsd, this daemon script delivering SMS to gateway in parallel. for example, when you sent 2000 SMS, with above configuration then the speed of delivery (to gateway) would be approx. 20 tps (20 text per second, 20 SMS per second, provided the speed of processing the delivery of a single SMS to gateway is about 1 second).

you can set sendsmsd_chunk bigger to increase SMS delivery.

anton

Thank you very much, working perfectly.

Wilmar